Sunday, September 19, 2010

My First Post

Good Evening,
My name is Carol and I am currently a senior in dietetics at Arizona State University. I recently volunteered for an opportunity with FoodPicker.org to help spread the wealth of information out there on nutrition and education for diabetes. I am very excited to start blogging to share what I’ve learned from my education and to help people with diabetes live their lives to the fullest through proper diet, and find enjoyment it too!
It took my a while to find my home in dietetics. After high school, I attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas with the intent of becoming a physical therapist. I soon felt out of place in college and went to pursue an education in massage therapy in fall 2002. I feel in love with the abilities I possessed to be able to help people feel better. I expanded to become a fitness trainer are well in 2004. I quickly realize that there was more to health and physical fitness than just working out. Nutrition just became a natural stepping stone in my career and desires to help people feel better and improve their health! Over the years I have worked along side many medical professionals and have worked in various aspects of nutrition during my educational endeavors. 
I realize that being diagnosed with diabetes can be a nerve racking and scary time for many people. However, it is also a great opportunity to take charge of your health and create your own healthier future! I am here to assist you on this journey of exploration and knowledge development. Please feel free to add any comments, concerns, or questions. Currently my main goal of this blog is to address various topics of nutrition in diabetes and to equip readers with nutritional knowledge to make diabetes management easy and enjoyable. Check out FoodPicker.org for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment